Thursday 8 November 2012

North Walsham - Hit and Run

I have ridden Motorbikes all my life and was very proud when my Grandson Gary passed his CBT test and began riding his moped. Throughout last year he had worked hard gardening, babysitting, in fact turning his hand to any little job to earn money towards the moped.
                                                                
On Wednesday 31 October between 10-10.30 am he was riding his moped in North Walsham along Manor Road, towards Hall lane when he reached the crossroads of Marchgate and Pound Road suddenly a car drove straight out of Marchgate hit him and knocked him off his moped. My grandson quickly got up off the ground and picked up his moped. The car driver got out of his vehicle and said “Sorry, are you alright” my grandson, who was in shock replied “Yes I think so” the car driver then got in his car and drove off in the direction of Pound Road.  
My grandson had injuries to his leg, shoulder blades and wrists. His moped was badly damaged and will cost over £500 to repair.                
We are still very shocked and upset that the driver drove away without exchanging insurance details.                                                                           
We contacted the police who are treating the incident as a hit and run. The vehicles involved are a Silver VW car and a black Aerox moped. If you have any information please contact North Walsham Police station by ringing 101.



Den

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm extremely pleased to discover this web site. I need to to thank you for your time just for this wonderful read!! I definitely loved every part of it and i also have you saved as a favorite to look at new things on your blog. I hope you don't mind, I bookmarked Blogger:
North Norfolk Motorcycle Club at Dzone so my family will learn from
it as well. May I also share a tip. Finding good video marketing can also be very tricky.
I find it most advantageous to talk with a a San Diego Estate Planning Attorneys.
Our staff of Great Probate Attorney San Diego are right here to
help with all your legal requirements.

My web page ... Bankruptcy Lawyers San Diego